A personal approach <br />to family law

A personal approach
to family law

Financial Provision for Children

If a married couple separate, financial provision for their children is dealt with as part of an overall financial settlement. If however the parties have not been married, it is possible to apply to the Court for financial support for children under the provisions of Schedule One of the Children Act 1989.

Under Schedule One the Court can order maintenance payments in addition to the statutory child support and payment of capital, generally to buy a house or to meet other specific expenses, for example school fees. Schedule One can be particularly useful when the child’s non-resident parent has substantial wealth and the child’s resident parent is less well off.

We have experience of acting for clients in making and defending Schedule One Claims and can help advise as to prospects of success.

Kate Scammell

Need advice about your situation?


Kate Scammell: I am a Partner and a Chartered Legal Executive. I specialise in high net worth cases involving complex financial assets and disputes regarding children.

01789 204020


View Kate's LinkedIn profile